How to write a DNN blog post with Windows Live Writer
Saturday, August 4, 2012 12:36 PM
- First you need windows Live installed! The best is to have the latest version from Windows Live installed.
At the moment it’s from “Windows Live Essentsials 2011”.
- Start Windows Live Writer
- You need to configure the connection to your blog (not described here in detail!)
- Enter the title of your post (into the rectangle area)
- Set the post date (normally “today’s date)
in the upper right corner open the “View all” link and enter your words in the “Keywords:” box
- Write the “summary” of your post (in this blog post there are 2 pictures with one sentence)
- Insert the “split post – command” which enters the “<!—more—>” tags
you can see a line with a “more – square” (image below)
- After the “more” enter your main blog – text (with source code / pictures …)
To enter source code (Powershell / VBS .. or other language) for example you need a plugin
(eg. Pre Code) Go to your insert Tab click on “PreCode Snippet” and post your code to the left area.
Then on the right side, you can add all your settings.
At the end press <OK>
The following code is added to your post:
$OSName = " -- Server OFF --"
}# else Test-Connection
$obj = New-Object -Type psobject
Add-Member -InputObject $obj -MemberType NoteProperty -Value $PCname -Name Name;
Add-Member -InputObject $obj -MemberType NoteProperty -Value $OSVer -Name OS-Ver;
Add-Member -InputObject $obj -MemberType NoteProperty -Value $OSName -Name OS-Name;
Add-Member -InputObject $obj -MemberType NoteProperty -Value $SPVer -Name sp;
write-debug "END of PIPE"
} #Function Get-MachineOSDetails
- Press - Publish to make your post available on the blog
From now on you can see your post on top of your blog!