My name is André Gibel and I live in a small village in the canton of Zürich in Switzerland.
In 1992 I made the C-type Matura in Zug and then started my 5 semester studies in Computer Sience at the ETH Zürich. Since 1995 I'm working as a System Engineer in the "Swiss IT - field". I started at Wickart Kleeb und Partner AG (now redIT AG) moved on to PwC (PriceWaterhouseCoopers) , OIZ (Organisation and IT Technology of the City of Zürich) and .... At my current position as a Senior System Engineer in the Server team, I'm in touch with products like MS Server OS's - SCCM - SCVMM - SCOM - Hyper-V - Exchange - SharePoint - PKI - Forefront TMG/UAG - Sophos UTM - Office 365 / Azure .... and PowerShell of course !!!
- Listen to music. Depeche Mode is my favorite band. When I was about 13 years old I heard them for the first time and till now I'm a great fan of them. See the extra MUSIC page for more info.
- Sport (at the moment running and biking in summer and cross-country skiing in the winter; from 25 to about 31 I spent a lot of my spare time with inline skating and during one season I took part at all SIC races)
- Dine and wine (so you know why you make sport! )
- going to the cinema
- enjoying the garden of our house in the summertime
- all around IT - trying out new SW releases (mostly from MS) - improving my Scripting skills (VBS / WSH I know for years but this spring I invested a lot of time into PowerShell and finished the Windows Scripting Games as 3rd) - next I will improve my C# programming and SharePoint knowledge
My IT Knowledge:
- Microsoft Active Directory (Design and Operation)
- All about Group Policies (GPO's) (incl. creating own adm-admx - files / tattooing policies ...)
- Microsoft System Center Products (SCCM - SCVMM - SCOM)
- Forefront TMG / UAG
Exchange 2003 - Exchange 2013
- MS Enterprise PKI
- Software Delivery (CA Unicenter ShipIT - SDO / Brainware - Columbus / SMS 2003 / SCCM 2007 (R2) / SCCM 2012 (R2))
- MSI - packaging
- Scripting (KIXTART / VBS-WSH)
- Windows PowerShell
- Sophos UTM
- Office 365 (Azure AD Connect / ADFS / Hybrid Solutions) / Azure
- ITIL v2
- HP ASE (expired)
- CA eTrust Specialist (not up to date any more)
- ITIL v2
- a lot of Microsoft Certifications -> Here you can see my latest MS-transcript (pdf-file) MS_Learning_Transcript
I'm the owner of GIBEL .NET. I have this company to be a Microsoft member (lowest Partner level) and so have the possibility to buy the Action Pack. With the included software I can test these new products in a legal way!